Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:17 pm 

Hello,

My login in and password will not work to get into the workshops for the couples area. Any idea?

Thanks,

Cappy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:02 am 
System Technician

Hi Cappy

The first two stages of the Couples Workshop are not password protected, so you should be able to work through those (together?) and post your exercises responses in the Self-Help Couple's Lesson Responses Forum.

Since Stage 2 of the Couple's Workshop will direct you to complete the Recovery or Healing Workshop (as appropriate) it will be a few months before you'll need to access the password protected section of the Couple's Workshop ie Stages 3 and beyond.

Best of luck :g:
SysTech

PS Optional Technical Response: The usernames/passwords for password protected sections of the site are unfortunately not synchronised with those used for this forum and it would be quite a challenge to make them so. Additionally, much of the Stage 3 - 6 Couple's Workshop is not currently available. So even if you had a password, it might not open up as many doors as you might think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:27 pm 

i can not access Stage 3 of the couples workshop - what do i need to do to get there?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 pm 
General Coach (Admin)

Stages 3 going forward are not available at this time. When our site crashed last year we lost a good portion of the couple workshop. It is a slow process trying to put it back together based on notes and partial documents. I apologize but there is really nothing else we can do at this point but wait. As soon as we have each section up we will post a notice.

Thanks,
Coach Cheryl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:13 pm 

Hi,
Were you able to get into the Couple's Workshop? My spouse and I are working on the Couple's Workshop and wondered how the next stages work regarding gaining access.
Thanks,
skrelon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:44 pm 

Coach Cheryl,

Has there been any significant progress reconstituting the Couples Workshop Stage 3 lessons? My wife and I completed all of the Support and Recovery lessons and all of the lessons that constitute the Couples Workshop Stages 1 and 2, except the Stage 2 "Ceremony."

I haven't heard anything about this since July 18, 2012 when Coach Mel indicated that he would bring my "question to Coach Cheryl's attention, as she will be better able to respond with accurate information." At that time I questioned whether there might be some couples who completed Couples Workshop lessons in Stages 3 and beyond, suggesting that perhaps one or more of them kept copies of Jon's original material, on their own computers as part of a log of the work they had done...which has been my practice in the Recovery Forum and in the Couples Forum through Stage 2. Eliminating personal responses might provide a 90+% solution to the needed reconstitution, if we could find a source log file among those who have gone before us...

It's frustrating to hit a wall when my wife and I were making so much progress separately and then together.

If all else fails and there is a way that I can assist with reconstructing Jon's original Couples Lessons in Stage 3 and later, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm not a professional writer by trade; however, I've been successful at writing many competitive proposals throughout my 30+ year professional career. Perhaps I could leverage that experience to assist RN and many other Couples who also appear to have reached the same Couples Workshop Stage 3 logjam where my wife and I find ourselves stuck for the past few months.

Thanks!

BillOIAmBack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:27 pm 
General Coach (Admin)

HI Bill,

Unfortunately there hasn't been much progress. There are a couple of people who have what material I had but they haven't had the time to really do anything with it. Our best bet is to hire a professional writer who can devote the time and research needed to complete them. That will probably be our next fund drive, to raise money to get someone hired. I understand your frustration. There is much to do and only a handful of volunteers so we are stretched to the max.

Thanks
Coach Cheryl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:35 pm 

Coach Cheryl,

It appears that there are a number of couples prepared to begin Stage 3 of the Couples Workshop once it comes back on-line.

Have you tried polling couples who worked through the stages much earlier, in case one or more may have kept copies of both their responses and the content of the lessons that Jon originally posted? I ask this because as I worked through the Recovery lessons, I kept copies of the entire lessons, which I often revisit to refresh my memory regarding Jon's teachings in specific areas of the workshop. You might discover that some of the early participants have a treasure trove of files from Jon's original work on their hard drives just waiting to be mined and reused rather than having to rewrite each lesson from Jon's notes.

Please let me know if I can help in some way. We would not like to see Jon's work on the Couples Workshop lost to us and other couples who stand to benefit from it.

Thanks!

BillOIAmBack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:12 am 

I have registered for the forum but we still can access the link to the next part of the couple's workshop (intimacy) etc. could you please help?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:38 am 

Can someone please help us to access the next stage of the couples workshops.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:38 pm 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

Hello there,

Sorry for the delayed response, corazón. If you have completed Stage 1, the next Stage is to complete the individual workshops (i.e. the recovery workshop and the healing workshop). After that, as far as I know, Stage 3 is still under construction. It has been that way since Coach Jon's passing and I do not foresee when it will be complete. If you have completed your individual workshops, perhaps you can ask in the community support forums for some good resources for building intimacy, if there is something in particular you wish to target. Otherwise, it is my opinion (my own personal opinion, not as a coach or representative of this site) that all you need to rebuild your relationship is available out of your work in the individual workshops. Extrapolating from the individual workshops, what are your shared values as a couple? Where do your values align and misalign? How do you define intimacy? How does your partner define intimacy? I apologize that I have nothing more concrete to offer.

Be well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:06 am 

Thank you. We have completed the individual workshops but we hoping we could engage in more and mire structured work together .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:18 am 

SysTech wrote:
Hi Cappy

The first two stages of the Couples Workshop are not password protected, so you should be able to work through those (together?) and post your exercises responses in the Self-Help Couple's Lesson Responses Forum.

Since Stage 2 of the Couple's Workshop will direct you to complete the Recovery or Healing Workshop Rachat de crédit plus trésorerie (as appropriate) it will be a few months before you'll need to access the password protected section of the Couple's Workshop ie Stages 3 and beyond.

Best of luck :g:
SysTech

PS Optional Technical Response: The usernames/passwords for password protected sections of the site are unfortunately not synchronised with those used for this forum and it would be quite a challenge to make them so. Additionally, much of the Stage 3 - 6 Couple's Workshop is not currently available. So even if you had a password, it might not open up as many doors as you might think.

We can wait, but how will we know the latest news in this case.