Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:42 am 

Hello everyone. Just wanted to say that I am a big believer in this recovery process (for partners and motivated addicts) and wanted to encourage other to keep it up because it really does work. I am beginning to feel a 'stillness' that I have not felt in some time and increasing hope in a future less filled with the emotional chaos that comes with the trauma of living with an addicted other. I don't know what the future will hold in respect of my PA partner but at the moment I have hope in MY future. Letting go of my partner's recovery and re-focusing on my own recovery...what a learning curve it is and continues to be and in working the lessons I am finding myself seeing my world and others very differently. I came into this program with all the wrong intentions (although understandable)...to change my partner and to force him to see how much pain I was in because my words alone did not help. Plus I expected him to undertake all of the recovery work instead of I (my logic I believe at the time was 'well why should I work this program when it is his fault and he is the one who needs to change not me'). :e: However after some time I began to see the hypocrisy in this and was noticing that my 'trauma' had infiltrated most aspects of my life including my career, my friendships and in the role I had as a mother. And of course at first when I recognised this, my addicted parter was to blame for all of this as well, right?! !D Wrong! I had a choice to either continue to blame him and live the life of a victim or take responsibility for my own life, my own happiness...my own recovery. So here I am working on my own recovery and so thank you for all of your experiences and the very wise words that come from the coaches, the members and of course to those 'addicted others' who are honest and also committed in this recovery process as there is also great courage and lessons to be learnt by all which ever the side of recovery we are on.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:20 am 
General Coach (Admin)

:g: