Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tracy's Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:00 pm 

I read Poasa 's thread and I just have to post this. I had an acquaintance who was going through the same thing as us all. She went to bed 1 1/2 weeks ago and never woke up. We buried her last Wednesday . I want to take the time to have us all check into our stress levels and cool it. The reason for her death will never be known but the extra stress of her predicament played a big role. she had no stress before this. She had high blood pressure.Please take the time to love yourself, to spend a special time for yourself each day. But most of all pay special attention to your health as these are taxing times and we won't know the damage that has been done to our health for many years. Tracy's damage happened last week She doesn't get a second chance to change her lifestyle. We do. Let's pay attention and look after ourselves This in my mind is most important in the early days when we are so vigilant about everything. Maybe I'm wrong but let's please all pay attention to what our bodies are telling us about our health. It's the time to tune in. Please,please pay attention to your health.

Post subject: Re: Tracy's Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 pm 
Partner's Coach

Rosiee that must be hard to deal with. My heart felt condolences for the loss of your friend.

I have sadly had a lot of death of loved ones and friends over the years. It almost always is a wake up call for me. It's as if all the fluff burns away and I can see what is truly important. I feel more connected to myself somehow and less distracted by the small annoyances in life. I also tend to feel more connected to other people. I see more of the things we have in common and the things we don't share suddenly don't seem all that important. I am much more likely to make time for my other loved ones, call them just to say hi, go out to lunch etc. Also, truly remembering all of the person that has died feels like an honoring process, where I honor them, our relationship and myself.

I don't want to sound like I am on a soap box here because I have also had the experience of extreme irritation at relatively petty things others complained about. I once got so irritated at a woman in a grocery line because she was convinced a man had cut in front of her. I wanted to smack her and tell her I would switch spots with her - that I would deal with having someone cut in line if she could bury her dead husband. Like get a grip on reality here! lol Funny, because before too much time has passed, I would easily get back on the gripe merry-go-round and again have the potential to be just as irritated by a "little thing". The keen awareness after someone's death wears off for me unfortunately.

Anyway. Life is short. Life is precious. Honor all life and treat everyone with respect. All I ever have is right now. Always be conscious of the effect I have on other people. Remember to live with integrity so I have few regrets at the end of my life. I usually remember these core things when I am grieving someone's death.

Funny, how death always brings me back to myself. Brings me back to what is truly important. Maybe that is one role we each get to play someday in someone else's life......to stir some awareness.

Take care Rosiee.

"What day is it,?" asked Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.