Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:48 am 

I've just completed lesson 6 of the partner's healing workshop. It took me nearly two months after writing my answer to the first question to move on to question two but I'm really glad I'm doing this. It's helping me so much with clarity and compassion, for myself and my partner. I am learning a lot about myself, and I've already done/do a lot of work on this stuff in 12 step groups and therapy, but more is being revealed.

Reading the lessons is great but I'm noticing a big shift through doing the writing. It can be painful but I really recommend it.

Wishing all peace with this

Luna Ray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:21 am 

I agree completely.

The process of writing it out makes a big difference. Sometimes, I need to work it out in my mind and talking or writing it out helps me figure out what I'm really feeling, what I really want to say. I can't really explain it better than that. :s:

Not just for the lessons of the workshop, but just in terms of telling your story, sharing all the pain and heartbreak, shock and everything else, sharing that and being heard, being understood by those that understand, that go through much of the same experiences and emotions, to know you are not alone, to be heard and have your feelings validated, it does so much good. The isolation that tends to go along with this makes everything so much harder, because it's so hard to talk about, even to best friend or close family, you feel like nobody could possibly understand.