Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:22 pm 

While working my way through the partners workshop I have noticed obstacles that have kept me from setting good boundaries, making a change permanent, and internal struggles that I have due to core beliefs that I have had my entire life. For instance, it is difficult at best to achieve "self respect" if you have a core belief that sounds like " I have no value, I am not important". With that said I am always looking for ways to address the 'core' of my problem and create permanent change in my life. There are many different paths to finding core change most of which I believe are long and difficult. I happened on this website that claimed to "eliminate a negative core belief in about 20min". Now, I do believe that a core belief can be challenged and changed more quickly with certain techniques but the only one's that I knew of were "Cognitive Behavioral Treatment (therapy) or Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR also therapy) which can be expensive and sometimes time consuming but they work and are supported by extensive research. Back to changing core beliefs....

The website actually offers three free sessions (video streaming) to eliminate three different negative core beliefs. "I'm not good enough" "Mistakes and failures are bad" and "I'm not important" so I guess the worse that can happen is nothing right? Thought I would post the link as I am going to give the method a try. I ran one of them and it did shift my perception and thinking.

http://recreateyourlife.com/free

The method is called the "Lefkoe Method" and he has developed a series of core beliefs to address different negative issues that people commonly face....one of them is a 'Self Confidence' module and includes the core beliefs listed below as well addressing "conditioned fear responses". I will cut and paste them below. If the method is valid then it could be beneficial for most anyone....the module below is not free as most people (even those in the helping professions) need to earn a living I guess and he has a book ""Re-create Your Life: Transforming Yourself and Your World" which you can buy for about 10 dollars and then do the process that way if you decide that you want to try it. I want to clarify that this is not an endorsement but simply a "something you might want to look at" tool....it never hurts to know all the "roads to Rome" so to speak.... :w:

Your 23 Steps to Natural Confidence

You get 23 video modules to help break through the following beliefs and conditionings:

Mistakes and failure are bad.
I'm not good enough.
Change is difficult.
I'm not important.
What makes me good enough or important is having people think well of me.
Nothing I do is good enough.
I'm not capable.
I'm not competent.
I'm inadequate.
If I make a mistake or fail I'll be rejected.
I'm a failure.
I'm stupid.
I'm not worthy.
I'll never get what I want.
I'm powerless.
People aren't interested in what I have to say.
What I have to say isn't important.
It's dangerous to have people put their attention on me (something bad will happen).
What makes me good enough or important is doing things perfectly.
Conditioning: Fear associated with criticism and judgment.
Conditioning: Fear associated with not meeting expectations.
Conditioning: Fear associated with people putting their attention on me.
Conditioning: Fear associated with rejection

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:26 pm 
General Coach (Admin)

This actually sounds like is has some basis in the "Incorrect Thought Habit" exercises. Anytime we have a negative belief or thought we need to address it. The most standard way we deal with it in the coaching profession as a tool to help you deal with it in a daily basis the following:

Identify 2 - 3 negative beliefs/thoughts and write them down.
On the same paper to the right of each of these beliefs/thoughts write the opposite (what the positive would be)
For the next 21 days every time you have that thought you repeat to yourself what you came up as the positive. repeat them to yourself in the morning when you get up, on your lunch break and before bed and any other time you can identify as well. After 21 days that negative or incorrect thought will be replaced by the correct one. In 90 days you will not only have stopped the negative/incorrect thought but you will believe the correct one.

This is a proven technique, not just a method to give a go at. If you are serious and can keep yourself focused (keep the paper with you so you can pull it out and read when needed is one way) on challenging the incorrect thought with the correct one you will succeed!