|ItsHeavyInHere's Personal Healing Thread
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||ItsHeavyInHere [ Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:50 pm ]|
|Post subject:||ItsHeavyInHere's Personal Healing Thread|
A. Three keys to establishing a successful foundation for permanent change in early recovery are:
1) actively committing yourself to change
2) not allowing guilt/shame to sabotage your commitment to change
3) allowing yourself time to change.
Consider where you feel you are in relation to each of these recovery keys? Briefly share your thoughts in your Recovery Thread.
I am committed to change, and have made steady progress in changing habits and not acting out, but sometimes feel so bogged down by everything else that is happening that it is hard to feel terribly active in that pursuit. My wife has been patient as I have been pursuing recovery for a little over 3 years now, but I have been fairly inconsistent with recovery work in that time. I need more "actively" in my commitment.
I have noticed a fair amount of shame in my internal dialogue lately. Sometimes I think it may hamper my commitment to change by giving me the desire to put in more time and effort at my work, or some other place where there is outside recognition to be gained by performing well.
I think I may allow myself a little too much time to change. Maybe not though. It's hard to say.
List ten to fifteen reasons why you seek to permanently change your life.
1. I want to act like the person I believe my self to be - caring and a positive part of my loved ones life
2. I want to be trustworthy
3. I want my wife to always feel honored by me
4. I want to appreciate the good life I have and feel my blessings
5. I want to be healthy in body and mind
6. I want to feel and accept the love that is around me
7. I am an independent person, I will be true to myself
8. I want to live a life that I can comfortably share with anyone
9. I want my children to admire me
10. I want my family to feel emotionally safe with me
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group